These are our initial thoughts on rules and guidelines for evaluating what is a Canadian Podcast, and what it means to be a Canadian podcaster. They’ll evolve over time, and we’re more than happy to discuss what you think they should evolve into.
- Podcast must be active within the awards period.
- Podcast must meet the CanCon requirements.
- Must not have previously won in the same category.
- Public distribution must primarily be online through an RSS feed.
- Must be free to listen.
Canadian Content Requirement
- 55% of the team must be Canadian (Citizen, Permanent Resident or primary residence in Canada for at least 6 months prior)
- Must be a host or technical producer within the industry.
- Must have appeared, or credited, on 10 episodes of a single podcast